Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Business and Personal - Money Management and Protection Tools > Insurance and Protection Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2007, 04:40 PM

tacklefish is on a distinguished road
I can insure a boat?

Is it possible to insure a boat? I never realized this was possible but does anyone know if I can insure a medium sized pontoon boat?

I am also located in Wisconsin so would anyone know who specifically can insure it here?

Some guy named peppy was telling me about this forum and I love it! Is peppy the administrator here?

Thanks
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:34 PM

riscphree is on a distinguished road
I don't own a boat, but I can't see why you couldn't insure it. Talk with your insurance agent and they'll be able to tell you.
Unread 08-21-2007, 12:21 AM

vino is on a distinguished road
Hai,

I am Vino. I am Newbie to here.

First I wish to say Hi........ to All.

You can insure your Boat. Its possible.

Marine Insurance covers the loss or damage of ships, cargo, terminals, and any transport or property by which cargo is transferred, acquired, or held between the points of origin and final destination.

Cargo insurance--discussed here--is a sub-branch of marine insurance, though Marine also includes Onshore and Offshore exposed property (container terminals, ports, oil platforms, pipelines); Hull; Marine Casualty; and Marine Liability.

The Boat Insurance Agency is an independent agency representing several quality marine insurance companies. We carefully compare a number of policies to find the lowest premiums, thereby providing you with proper marine insurance coverage at the very best price.

After placing your insurance with us, you can count on superior service from our helpful and knowledgeable staff. Whether you have a claim, billing question or a coverage question, we are there to help.

Owned and operated by Northwest boaters, we possess the local knowledge necessary to understand the special nature of boating in the West. Let our knowledge and expertise go to work for you.
Unread 08-21-2007, 02:40 PM

tacklefish is on a distinguished road
Thanks Vino for that extra information. I know who to ask if I need any extra information about insurance!
Unread 07-22-2008, 10:55 AM

Cuthbert_saint is on a distinguished road
Re: I can insure a boat?

i think you must take help form a insurance agent.
You have done a good question, it
Unread 06-24-2009, 03:11 AM

maxjlone is on a distinguished road
Boat owners usually lull themselves into complacency by believing that nothing could possibly happen to their boats once they are out of the water. With this mentality, it seems only logical to cancel your boat insurance policy during this time.There are many issues to consider when insuring a recreational boat. Many people view boating as a fun sport and don't consider there to be enough risks associated with boating to make insuring the boat very important.
Insurance on a boat is similar to insurance on an automobile. There is coverage for your boat, coverage for the liability you have for persons in your boat as well as others who light be damaged by your boat or your actions regarding your boat. And, just like your car, the premiums are dependent on the dollar value of the coverage limits that you select.
Have a safe and fun time on the water this year!
Good Luck..!!!
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:46 AM

matthew111 is on a distinguished road
You can try , they provide boat insurance