Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Big Money Investing - Markets, Real Estate and Trading > Stock Markets and Trading > General Stock Trading Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 02-28-2008, 10:49 PM

gakare is on a distinguished road
Not sure how to trade stocks under a penny

I am new to penny stock trading and would appreciate some advice. I don't want to "day trade" at this time (I don't have $25,000 to put in an account anyway). Just a few trades a week. I am thinking of opening an account at MB Trading. My questions are:
1. Lets say the stocks I want to trade buy/sell for .0001. If I want to sell it when it goes up 50%, that would be .00015. However, all quotes I see only go to the 4th decimal place. How do I enter it?
2. The stocks move very fast, sometimes in a matter of seconds, straight up and straight down. Alerts are too slow. Do I need special software to do it? I know MB has software, but it's quite expensive.
3. Is MB a good broker for penny trading or should I look elswhere?
Thanks to all in advance if I'm unable to rely.
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Big Money has disabled reputation
Greetings Gakare,

I know there are some places that will let regular traders trade at .00015 but I can't remember the names of the trading platforms. They may charge more for this as well. Otherwise the MM (market movers) usually only get to trade at these ranges.

For your second question, There is something called Level 2 or just "L2" which will help give you a visualization of who is buying and selling and where the market movers are sitting at in price ranges. You may have seen this before, it looks like a "rainbow" of price levels and is great for predicting when prices are going to move. The only problem with this is you would probably have to pay extra to have this feature. Check and see if MB is offering free "L2" or "Level 2", as this is the exact name of the most common software for this.

I haven't tried MB, but I personally use scottrade, which I've never had a problem with and everything is set up in a simple fashion. The cost is about $7 per trade but there are some lower costing ones out there.

I hope this helps

Best