Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Big Money Investing - Markets, Real Estate and Trading > Stock Markets and Trading > Stock Picks
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 09-03-2007, 10:10 AM

peppy is on a distinguished road
WEGI - Windswept - Lowest Float Hurricane Stock (18 Million shares)

WEGI- Windswept Corp.

I have left ECCI for this stock since the float is 10 times smaller here. In case anyone out there doesn't know what "float" means, a low float means there are a small amount of trading shares out there. In this case, WEGI has about 18 million float while ECCI has about 100 million. This means ECCI has more supply and would dampen the run if a hurricane came by as it would take more buyers to move the PPS (price per share) up.

WEGI is the only hurricane stock with a bullish upward trending chart as shown below:

The green circle is indicating a golden cross and the trend lines are bullish in the Relative Strength Index and MACD. We have a category 5 hurricane Felix on course with Mexico and possibly the US as the path has been changing unexpectedly. This could head anywhere and just the news of a category 5 hurricane coming closer to the continent should make this thing move. The last run around the 20th was when hurricane Dean came, so this is likely to make a similar move as it's following the same path as Dean and is the same strength. Not to mention the golden cross, it could put this stock even higher as the charts are looking sweeter and more bullish than before.

Again, this low float means it's more volatile and poses a greater chance of big runs and big gains. When this makes a long white candle, I would sell IMO as it will surely go down the next day just as quickly. The stock has retreated from the last time as you can see and is at a "low" so it's best to buy when it's low and sell when it gets high. Tomorrow and the rest of the week could get interesting. Another thing, if you are still in ECCI. It is recommended to sell out of that stock and get into either BUGS or WEGI as it will move better and they are both at lows. All in my opinion of course.
Unread 09-03-2007, 10:53 AM

This may be of benefit to those who are in the hurricane stocks, The peak of hurricane season is september 10th and this is usually the time that the hurricane stocks like ECCI and WEGI start to really decend because of winter, meaning no more hurricanes. Usually during the mid to late september, you will want to start being cautious and get out, especially when the stocks start going down, because when they start going down, they will fall as quickly as the hurricane season chart below:

This is all IMO of course, some of the better quality hurricane stocks are known to actually grow during the winter as well, so what I said above isn't always true, but generally it is. Just something to think about...
Unread 09-07-2007, 02:52 PM

My recommendations on this and all the hurricane stocks would be to hold off on buying and continue to watch the stock.