Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Business and Personal - Money Management and Protection Tools > Credit and Finance > Debt Management
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 06-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Robert54 is on a distinguished road
How do I improve my credit score?

Hi everyone, I have been going through my credit scores lately and feel as if it is time to get someone working on it. I really don
Unread 06-05-2009, 07:02 AM

armse is on a distinguished road
Re:How do I improve my credit score?

Having a good credit score is really important and you never know when the low scores would get you into unwanted trouble. Moreover, when going for a loan, these are one of the prerequisites that you have to take care of. Recently, my cousin had taken the services of a company to get her scores in a better shape. I hope that this would benefit you too.
Unread 07-14-2009, 03:49 AM

bankbars is on a distinguished road
Credit scores are usually calculated by lenders to make them sure that the borrower could make the repayment of not. Higher the credit score, less is the risk for the lenders. So paying dues on time, avoiding defaults, income status etc play vital role for credit scoring. So taking care of those things will definitely help you to improve your score.

Regards,
Bankbars
Unread 11-22-2009, 01:43 AM

connor_zen is on a distinguished road
Don't get a bunch of cards and then cancel them, that will lower your score. Instead, just try to focus on one card. There is an exception if you're in debt; in that case, transfer all debt to the lowest-interest card and then cancel the other ones (and make sure to keep paying off the remaining card!).
Unread 03-05-2010, 03:20 PM

AlFromLA is on a distinguished road
pay all your unsecured debts bi-weekly about 10% over minimum payment each time.
Unread 10-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Moderated Member

hboss is on a distinguished road
The best way to get your free credit report is to visit annualcreditreport.com, a site created by the three credit bureaus as part of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions or FACT Act. Other sites offer "free" reports, but they usually require you to sign up for a monthly service to get your free report.
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:27 AM

Nicholas_B is on a distinguished road
This will all depend on whether your poor credit rating stems from bad debt? If it does then you need to start thinking about how you are going to clear this - there are plenty of options open to you and this includes debt advisor's or the citizen advice bureau.
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:03 AM

creditguard is on a distinguished road
[quote=Robert54;7208]Hi everyone, I have been going through my credit scores lately and feel as if it is time to get someone working on it. I really don