Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Big Money Business, Jobs and Career Forums > The Workplace - Jobs and Careers
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 07-01-2008, 12:58 AM

willowjones is on a distinguished road
Can anyone explain me about WOTC?

Hey, I need a little help from you guys, I just want to know what is WOTC? How it helps and what is their importance for an employer? How can I take its benefits? If you guys have any information regarding this, please share it with me.
Thanks a lot!!
Unread 07-01-2008, 01:31 AM

cashing_in is on a distinguished road
Work opportunities tax credit

Hi,

It is a federal tax credit program which gives incentives to employers for employing people who had difficulty in securing and retaining job.

Who are to Benefit ?

Employers - The credit helps offset the federal tax liability of private, for-profit employers

Traget groups -

# IV-A Recipient - A member of a family that has received Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (AFDC/TANF) for any nine (9) months within the last 18 months ending on the hire dates.
# Veterans - Active duty veterans who have received food stamp assistance for at least three (3) months of the last fifteen (15) months ending on the hire date.
# Ex-Felons - A felon that has been convicted or released from prison of a felony within one year of the hire date.
# Designated Community Resident
Unread 07-03-2008, 09:32 AM

ritajones56 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. I wanted to know WOTC is too, and it does sound very beneficial to all parties involved.
Unread 07-04-2008, 04:04 AM

veronica765 is on a distinguished road
Hi

WOTC is Work opportunity tax credit. The Work Opportunity Tax Credit is a federal tax credit used to reduce the federal tax liability of private-for-profit employers. Even will also help you as they work like an agent between employers and IRS. In this page you will get all the information related to WOTC.
Hope it will help you!!!!!
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:10 AM

Brent78 is on a distinguished road
Hi there,

WOTC is Work opportunity tax credit. The Work Opportunity Tax Credit is a federal tax credit used to reduce the federal tax liability of private-for-profit employers.

Hope it will help you!!!!!