Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Big Money Business, Jobs and Career Forums > The Workplace - Jobs and Careers
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 10-05-2007, 02:55 PM

tom321 is on a distinguished road
Strategies for advancing career and career choices

I was wondering if anyone had a good strategy to advance in my career. I don't know if I should go back to school and get a master's degree. I would prefer not having to go back to school to advance my career and I know that it's not necessary as I have plenty of experience in my job.

I am trying to find some way to advance my career by using methods inside the office. Let me know if you have the same question or would like to post some advice.

Thanks
Unread 11-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Big Money has disabled reputation
I believe going back to school to get a master's degree is a great idea. Not only do you get more experience, you're starting salary automatically goes up at the same time.

You have more opportunities for high level professional jobs and you get even more opportunities if you earn a Ph.D and become a Doctor. This is generally the case.

Inside the office: you want to build your networks. Get to know people better, not just to get points from the boss, but your co-workers too. Recommendations from anyone from networking is worth more than your resume in some cases! Why? Because if you get a recommendation for a position in your career from your co-workers or valuable network, the human resource management will trust this person's recommendation because they already know how the business is run and what it needs.

This is probably the most important one I can think of.
Unread 07-11-2008, 08:21 AM

akhanna01 is on a distinguished road
to advance in ur career u should first set ur goal and collect as much information regarding it as possible and then start working on it...
Unread 04-27-2009, 04:06 AM

homer21 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

To have a doctoral degree, whom most of us has been dreaming of
Unread 01-10-2010, 03:51 AM

connor_zen is on a distinguished road
Always try to reinvest back into yourself or your business—go back to school, expand your venture, or even learn hobbies or do things to increase your know-how. Try to always keep learning and reinvesting into your own life.