Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Big Money Business, Jobs and Career Forums > Online Business and Marketing > Search Engine Marketing
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2008, 02:23 PM

Johm_smith is on a distinguished road
I own and operate two sites for fun. If possible I may be able to get a business' to place ad's on my site. Like I said these sites are for fun not profit. I want to get more members though. How do I get my sites to pull in more members with search engines. Are there any tricks you could show an average person to make their site more visible. I have been able to figure out quite a bit from hands on experience as far as operating the sites goes. I thought it might be more than I could handle but sar far so good. Thanks ahead of time for any help you may be able to give.
Thanks again
Unread 06-17-2008, 03:55 AM

Jenie0109 is on a distinguished road
Well, the best way to be more visible is to get more links and rank in search engine for it's targeted keywords.
Unread 06-25-2008, 11:48 PM

jhon85 is on a distinguished road

I always find a good way, is to find another forum / website that chats about the items you make / sell.

Then run a prize draw, with a good prize, with questions that make new customers have to come to your site, and look around to find the answers!

At the end of the draw, you then have loads of new customers interested in your site, you have a list of email address's that didn't win, but get your backup prize of say 10% off the item.

This tends to work for me very well, I run a new draw with a different site every 2 - 4 months, to up by hits, and customers.
Unread 07-03-2008, 09:48 AM

ritajones56 is on a distinguished road
Exactly, this is the most proven strategy for online marketing, and it will work well for the forseeable future in all the search engines.
Unread 08-07-2008, 12:37 AM

james.smith is on a distinguished road
If you have 2 fun sites then what I would like to suggest is to make your site more interactive and interesting by adding images. Make it visually appealing. Make sure you have both content and design.

Get your sites registered in directories which high page rank. Get as many inbound and outbound links as possible.

Forums like this are also a great alternative so make sure that you post your homepage in your profile.

Make sure to set robots in the metatag to
Unread 08-07-2008, 01:23 AM

erikko is on a distinguished road
you must learn some simple link building techniques such as forums and articles