Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Business and Personal - Money Management and Protection Tools > Insurance and Protection Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 08-23-2007, 06:06 AM

jennifer is on a distinguished road
Selling Insurance

Hai,

I am Jennifer.

Dear Insurance Colleague,

You're here because you're looking for help. You've been searching the Internet using Google or another search engine, seeking out advice on selling life insurance or getting started as an insurance agent. No doubt, you've probably seen plenty of sites that promise you big money if only you did such-and-such, read this-and-that, or followed some complicated plan.

If you are a new life insurance agent, then you're probably a little confused and bewildered. If you're more experienced, you've probably tried a few of these plans and been mightily disappointed.

Let me tell you two things right now:

1. I've been where you're at now--in fact, I'd wager that I was at a lower point before I started putting my system into action (more about me later).

2. My system is simple and full of common sense techniques and advice. It's all about selling the right thing the right way--and treating your customers like they matter!

Some of you may ask, "Well, if it's so simple, what's the big deal? Why isn't everyone doing it?" If you've been around the insurance industry for long, you probably already know the answer to that question. You've probably been taught some very bad habits, habits that can lose sales and customers, and that can get you in deep financial trouble.

Again, I'm probably telling you something you already know, but most general agents/marketing companies in the life insurance industry really don't care about their customers. They may say so on their billboards or brochures, but the way they encourage us to sell policies, it's a whole other story. The entire process sometimes reminds me of making burgers in a fast food restaurant, or manufacturing widgets. They want us to push as many people through the process as possible, selling them whatever we can sell, and selling them right now.

Well, someone once said that the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. I'm here to stop the insanity--to show you a new and better way of doing things. You may like to see what Don Pooley, CFP, CLU, CHFC, the respected Canadian "Advisors' Advisor" says about my Life Insurance selling system in his "Be a detective" # 39 issue, titled "A Life insurance success story", here: etip.ca/TIP-xxxix.html#5
Unread 07-22-2008, 08:34 AM

Melville_kent is on a distinguished road
Re: Selling Insurance

Hello, I certainly agree with you. Thank you very much for sharing your information. It was really very helpful for me.
Thanks for sharing your dating tips!
Unread 07-17-2009, 06:07 AM

maxjlone is on a distinguished road
I knew Many years ago a life insurance salesman who used a tiny coffin as a prop in his sales pitches. He would pull out the coffin and say something tragically ridiculous, "If the unthinkable happens, do you want your family to suffer?" Then he would pull out a picture of a pathetic woman and two dirt-smeared kids living in a cardboard box. The guy was a complete jerk, but he sold a lot of policies.