Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Business and Personal - Money Management and Protection Tools > Credit and Finance > General Credit and Finance Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 11-11-2008, 12:01 PM

abbey.mac is on a distinguished road
What are the better options for bookkeeping?

Hi everyone, I need some suggestions for my business issues. I am the manager of a company and need to maintain the account books as per the schedule. I have a few selected persons to manage them but I am not finding them doing justice to their work. They somewhat lack behind and that upsets the whole schedule. I know that I can appoint some other persons too but I am here to ask about online bookkeeping services and outsource accounts work. What are the ways to go about this?
Unread 11-12-2008, 08:12 AM

lucas.dareen is on a distinguished road
Re:What are the better options for bookkeeping?

This is not a new thing; many companies outsource their bookkeeping and accounting work to the service providers they find suitable. This way, the company is saved from the maintenance of the books and advantages are many including fast turnaround, better work quality, cost savings and access to newer technologies to handle the work. I would recommend you to try any bookkeeping outsourcing service provider. I have heard of from my cousin who is also using them and seems pretty satisfied with their work.
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Moderated Member

sing is on a distinguished road
Despite the importance of bookkeeping, small businesses often neglect it because of the time and effort it takes to set up and tend to a bookkeeping system. Most business owners would rather be out generating sales than sitting in the office making journal entries or entering debits and credits in their general ledgers.

But bookkeeping is one thing you can't afford to ignore. To understand why, it helps to comprehend what bookkeeping is and how it affects your business.

Bookkeeping is the recording of a business's financial transactions. It's the first step of the accounting process, which also includes classifying, reporting and analyzing financial data.

Bookkeepers are responsible for organizing and tracking receipts, canceled checks and other records generated by financial transactions. Bookkeepers chronologically record all transactions - cash disbursements, cash receipts, sales and purchases, and others - in a journal and post the journal entries to a general ledger of accounts, which accountants use to prepare monthly financial statements.

Although bookkeeping doesn't contribute directly to your profits, there are several good reasons to maintain balanced books:

* Lenders and investors want to see accurate and complete books for a business before granting loans or raising capital for it. If you rely on outside financing, this is the most important reason to invest time and money in bookkeeping.

* Bookkeeping generates the information you need to manage your company. For example, up-to-date general ledger information shows which customers are past due on their accounts or have outstanding balances on lines of credit. Financial reports help you assess whether or not gross profits and expenses are in line with your budget and projected net profits. In other words, these reports help you anticipate and avoid cash-flow problems.

* In order to know how much you owe the IRS, you need an accurate picture of your company's income. In addition, keeping receipts and canceled checks will back up whatever deductions and tax credits your company takes. Without good record keeping, you leave yourself exposed to fines and penalties if you get audited.

Bookkeeping Options

Many businesses hire an accountant or a bookkeeper to maintain their books. But if you can't afford to or don't want to hire an accountant, you can learn the basics by taking a bookkeeping class at a community college or small business center in your area.

One of the first decisions to make is whether to use a manual or computerized bookkeeping system. Generally only the smallest companies use manual systems and make entries to ledger pads. Most companies use desktop accounting software, such as Intuit's QuickBooks or Peachtree Software's Peachtree Accounting. These programs make it easy to set up accounts, post entries and generate financial statements.

Online accounting solutions are another option. Internet-based accounting solutions allow multiple users to access company records from any computer with an Internet connection. When you use an online application, you contract with another company to keep your financial data on its secure servers. You access your records online by entering a password, and the service provider is responsible for providing the software, security and data storage.

If you have a Web store, consider a Web-based bookkeeping solution that will help you combine online and offline transaction reporting. Many online bookkeeping applications allow e-commerce transactions to flow seamlessly into online general ledgers, saving you from downloading them or rekeying transactions into a desktop system.
Unread 07-18-2012, 01:31 AM

crida is on a distinguished road
Hi lucas.dareen,you have provided me nice information ,as I'm not manager,but I have a small business,So,you give me a good suggestions and link.I will follow them.
Thanks again