Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Big Money Investing - Markets, Real Estate and Trading > Stock Markets and Trading > General Stock Trading Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 07-01-2008, 03:51 AM

cashing_in is on a distinguished road
Need Based Stock options

As there is a downward slide after half way through the year 2008, without any convincing performances lying ahead for the market with NASDAQ down to 13.5 %, DOW to 14.4 %, S&P falling to 12.8 %, and the ever increasing oil prices things do not look bright.
Investors have lost in chunks all we have to do is wait for November elections.

Most importantly picking stocks begin with Assessment of need, it could be easily done if stocks are picked correctly.
As during the dot.com boom investors did a pretty good job but unfortunately IT stocks have stopped earning you as it promised to do in the beginning.
Like in 2006 end till 2007 the Real estate picked up the market, but at the end there we again saw a slide in the figures.
As of now investment in Gold has been fruitful because the global prices of gold has gone up irrespective of politics and Oil prices.

Still one must be very careful in choosing the right stocks.
Unread 07-01-2008, 10:33 PM

akhanna01 is on a distinguished road
the best way to get away from the current financial markets crises is to remain out of it . let the markets to get stable and then start cherry picking in some large caps and sound stocks.
Unread 07-02-2008, 01:36 AM

cashing_in is on a distinguished road
AK - I do agree with you.
I was speaking of finding different opportunities in this present situation, as you will see real good investors would dig gold out of mud and make money.
But to play safe it is better to stay away from the market for sometime.
It is very natural if you look in last 30 years there has been a consistent 4 years Bull period and then 2 years Bear phase and it is continuing. The long term investors would not be affected much as the Bear phase would wane out in the next 6-7 months and we will see the sky lighting up.

cheers,
Unread 07-02-2008, 02:16 PM

akhanna01 is on a distinguished road
according to the reports in the year fyo8 indian markets and china markets will under perform the rest of the world . among the emerging markets russia and brazil will out perform
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:10 PM

itlnoor is on a distinguished road
You are probably right when you said dot.coms or IT shares stopped earning for you. The shares to watch out are in the infrastructure shares. IT is not a loss altogether but for now do not go anywhere near it.
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:13 PM

itlnoor is on a distinguished road
I totally agree with you when you said IT stocks stopped earning for you. Infrastructure shares never fails to get me excited. I am keeping my fingers crossed with IT
Unread 09-17-2008, 02:07 AM

treepla is on a distinguished road
I have invested my money in real estate, and it is also a very good and secured option to earn money, There are many risks in stocks now a days the market suddenly goes down, but the value of property is just going to high. So the investment in real estate is best. There are many useful factors which make

investing so much popular. Now people generally investing their money in real estate. If you want to make profit you may also go for it. Good luck.
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:46 AM

chris88 is on a distinguished road
I've made a lot of money selling "covered calls" in this recession. Anybody else??

chris

Last edited by chris88 : 12-30-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: error
Unread 12-07-2008, 01:31 AM

Options Picker is on a distinguished road
Covered Calls

In a covered call position, you buy the stock first then you sell calls against it, hence covered call! How can you have a covered call without even owning the stock? Please share your wisdom.

Options Picker
http://freeoptionspicks.blogspot.com