Big Money Forums  

Go Back   Big Money Forums > Business and Personal - Money Management and Protection Tools > Insurance and Protection Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Radio Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 08-22-2007, 03:52 AM

vino is on a distinguished road
Home and Property Insurance

Hai,

I am Vino. I am Newbie to here.

I wish to share my idea about Home and Property Insurance with you.

Home Insurance, also commonly called hazard insurance or homeowners insurance (often abbreviated in the real estate industry as HOI), is the type of property insurance that covers private homes. It is an insurance policy that combines various personal insurance protections, which can include losses occurring to one's home, its contents, loss of its use (additional living expenses), or loss of other personal possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability insurance for accidents that may happen at the home.

The cost of homeowners insurance often depends on what it would cost to replace the house and which additional riders
Unread 08-25-2007, 01:26 AM

Harry is on a distinguished road
Hai,

I am Harry.

Your Informations are useful to me.

Do you Know Home Insurance Terms?
Below I am specify that Terms.

Actual Cash Value (ACV) - Unless otherwise defined in the policy, actual cash value in means fair market value. The fair market value of an item is the dollar amount that a knowledgeable buyer (under no unusual pressure) is willing to pay, and a knowledgeable seller (under no unusual pressure) is willing to accept.

Agent - A licensed individual or organization authorized to sell and service insurance policies for an insurance company.

Binder - A short-term agreement that provides temporary insurance coverage until the policy can be issued or delivered.

Broker - A licensed individual or organization who transacts insurance on your behalf.

Claim - Notice to an insurance company that a loss has occurred that may be covered under the terms and conditions of the policy.

Declarations - Usually the first page of an insurance policy that contains the full legal name of your insurance company, your name and address, the policy number, effective and expiration dates, premium payable, the limits of insurance, covered property, deductibles, and any applicable lienholder information.

Deductible - The amount of loss that the policyholder is responsible to pay up-front before covered benefits from the insurance company are payable.

Depreciation - A decrease in value due to age, wear and tear, or obsolescence.

Endorsement - A written agreement that changes the terms of an insurance policy by adding or subtracting coverage.

Exclusion - A contractual provision in an insurance policy that denies or restricts coverage for certain perils, persons, property, or locations.

Insured - The policyholder who is entitled to covered benefits in case of an accident or loss.

Insurer - The insurance company that issues the insurance policy, and agrees to pay for losses and provide covered benefits.

Premium - The price of insurance paid to the insurance company for a policy.

Quote - An estimate of the cost of insurance based on information supplied to the agent, broker or insurance company.
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:34 AM

sandyd0602 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Helpful hint!

I recently had damages in my home and I had to deal with my home owner's insurance company (we'll keep their name unsaid) ...what a nightmare!!!!!!!!!

Turns out they were not willing to give me anything for the damages and
it all had to come out of pocket, which is more expensive than I ever thought.

After days of complaining, a friend of mine told me about a website
her husband had heard about called . At first I was
a bit skeptical because its $300, but it does have a money back
guarantee so I really had nothing to lose.

This website describes itself as 'a revolutionary new do-it-yourself
on-line service that helps any homeowner recover additional monies
from insurance companies following property damage claims. This
service will allows anyone with an insurance claim to evaluate whether
they have been offered a proper settlement payment.' ... which is
exactly what it did.

After using the software, it turns out that I was entitled to almost
$40,000 to repair the damages in my home!

I highly recommend this website, and thought I'd share the wealth!!!

Unread 07-15-2008, 06:58 AM

Syrus is on a distinguished road
you have a great information concerning to the insurance,i respect your knowledge ,but i also want to share some information towards the insurance .that is what actually insurance means,why often people doing insurance of home ,and other things
Insurance, in law and economics, is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent loss. Insurance is defined as the equitable transfer of the risk of a loss, from one entity to another, in exchange for a premium. An insurer is a company selling the insurance. The insurance rate is a factor used to determine the amount, called the premium, to be charged for a certain amount of insurance coverage. Risk management, the practice of appraising and controlling risk, has evolved as a discrete field of study and practice.