Big Money Forums

Big Money Forums (https://www.bigmoneyforum.com/make-money-forum/index.php)
-   Insurance and Protection Discussion (https://www.bigmoneyforum.com/make-money-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Insurance Question (https://www.bigmoneyforum.com/make-money-forum/showthread.php?t=198)

zinta 09-12-2007 06:31 AM

Insurance Question

Hai,

I am Zinta.

An Insurance Company is the actual insurer where as the Insurance Broker is the company representing you with the insurance company. An insurance broker does not pay your claims. The insurance broker will have a customer service representative available to answer your questions regarding your policy and your coverage. When working with a broker you usually get more personal service. Large insurance company's have a hard time competing with the family feeling that smaller company's have. Know your agents name and number and when you need their help, they will remember you too.

Is it true...

Melville_kent 07-25-2008 06:57 AM

Re: Insurance Question

Hi
I don

flauto-insurance 10-10-2008 06:39 PM

Insurance Broker

The insurance broker is an agent representing many different companies.
Their job is simply to connect you with the right type of carrier that will meet your needs, Also they know what requirements each carrier has to accept you for underwriting as an insured.
Depending on the type of insurance after the contract is written and you are accepted the carrier will provide the appropriate customer service and no the agent or broker.
They will or should only assist if you have problems with the carrier as they are the ones that reffered you to this carrier. :plane:

----------------------------------------------------------
Florida's No1.On-line Agency

justinaz 12-05-2008 07:38 PM

Insurance Question

I'm not even sure if that was a question.

Justin

maxjlone 06-17-2009 03:38 AM

Hiya - i don't have any advice to give but just wanted to wish you luck for your trouble.

ricky028 07-17-2009 08:05 AM

Perhaps Zinta wants to clear the role of an Insurance Company and an Insurance Broker.
I agree with "flauto-insurance".

matthew111 03-26-2012 07:04 AM

An Insurance broker can be a representative from a company or different companies. He usually have some specific policies and plan that he have to sell. He acts as a middleman between the insurance company and you. he will be responsible for all the paperwork associated with the policy.

If you buy insurance directly from the insurance company then their is no role to agent. You can directly ask for online quote from the company and can also buy it online.

sanchi 04-06-2012 07:25 AM

Yeah I agree, Insurance agent that person has to qualify the criteria for selling insurance, but sometime he doesn't disclose all terms and conditions of policy which should know by the policy buyer. In these days almost all companies offers online quote even they also provide online selling which is quite beneficial for buyer.